- Why am I Being Asked to Register?
How Do I Register?
Is My Business at Risk?
- How Can Global EDGE Protect My Business?
Expand All | Collapse All
Vendor Benefits with Global EDGE
- Understand the status of your business, as reflected in public records
- Store your documents
- Receive email notification of pending invoice payments
- Track payment history online
- Reconcile statements in real-time
- Deliver necessary tax documents efficiently to your client, online
- Low-cost credentialing service
- Pay one fee annually to be authenticated for all Global EDGE client organizations
- Cost savings through integrated eBusiness Solutions (ePay, eNotice, eBroadcast, and more)
- Opportunity to eliminate annual registration fee by authenticating your own suppliers
Become a Global EDGE client and your registration fee will be waived!
Become a Global EDGE Certified SupplierMove your organization to the front of the line. Global EDGE provides web-based solutions that will immediately add value to your bottom line. Through Vendor Authentication, Global EDGE offers you the seal of a "Verified Global EDGE Supplier". By being a Verified Global EDGE Supplier your organization will have the ability to:
- Demonstrate that you have gone through an extensive background check and are in good standing
- Easily access the information that client organizations are going to need regarding your company
- Leverage the Verified Global EDGE Supplier seal in gaining a competitive advantage when selling your product to other clients
Expand All | Collapse All
Global EDGE Invitation
InvitationGlobal EDGE has partnered with a number of Clients which may have asked you to complete the Vendor Registration or Authentication process.
- You will have received a letter or email with a Reference ID.
- Log on to www.GlobalEDGEGateway.com/Registration and enter your Reference ID
Create a Username and Password and LogonAfter logging into the Global EDGE Platform with your new username and password, you will be asked to begin the Vendor Registration process.
- Provide Business, Guarantor, Contact, and Address information
- Provide a valid and up-to-date W-9 or W-8
- Provide Minority Ownership and Non-Profit Certification (if applicable)
- Provide banking information for ACH (Automated Clearing House) client payments (if applicable)
- Pay Registration Fee (if applicable)
- Follow prompts to log on to your personal Solutions Gateway
Upon completion of the authentication, you will gain access to your personal Vendor Solutions Gateway, where you will upload all additional documents as requested by your Client.
How is My Information Used?
What Why? Company Name This is used to authentication your business against public records and allows Global EDGE to build your W-9 form automatically Contact Information Used to provide your Client with updated, accurate contact information for your organization. Today, many Vendor Master Files don’t have current contact information. Guarantor Information Used to complete authentication of your business by matching public records to an individual who is responsible for your organization. W-8, W-9 and Business Address Used to ensure your Client has appropriate address information for 1099 reporting (physical business location) Minority or Non-Profit Certification Used to help our Client understand the appropriate distribution of specialty Vendors within their profile. This profile information may also be used in application for Government Funding. Payment Used to cover the cost of capturing and storing the data, completing an Authentication review for your client and for maintenance of your Vendor Solutions Gateway platform. Additional Documents Your Client may require additional documents for their records. Global EDGE may require additional documents to resolve conditions returned as part of the Authentication research.
Your Benefit: Vendor Solutions Gateway
Why a Solutions Gateway?
Our Clients have spoken and we’ve listened. Our Clients understand the value of creating an ongoing relationship with their Vendors, and current Accounts Payable and Procurement platforms don’t allow for integration of Client and Vendor Data.
What is the Solutions Gateway?Upon completing your Registration, you will gain immediate access into the Solutions Gateway giving you:
- Direct visibility to payments sent via ACH from your Clients, as well as your transaction history including invoice numbers, dates and amounts paid
- A complete log of electronic broadcast communications from your Clients
- Ability to maintain contact, address, and other business details for your Client
- Secure storage for your organization's most important documents
- Visibility to key Client documents; for example their W-9
We want your feedback!Global EDGE was created on the foundation of generating value from Client and Vendor feedback and insight to build an application that benefits both our Clients and their Vendors. If you have comments, concerns or questions regarding the process, please contact us.The unfortunate truth in today's world is that every organization is at risk. Fraudsters are not prejudice to specific industries or company size, targeting those that are not sufficiently protecting themselves. You can read more below about today's risk environment; we think you'll be surprised at what you find. As you familiarize yourself with the risk of fraud, consider how the Global EDGE Platform can help mitigate YOUR risk and recover prior losses due to fraud, waste and abuse.
Expand All | Collapse All
Global EDGE is a comprehensive Risk Management Platform that is fully customizable to meet the needs of your organization. The Platform's flexible infrastructure allows you to choose the products and services that make the most sense for your organization and scale appropriately to grow with your business. Contact us for more information on how Global EDGE can offer the right solution for your business.
Today’s Risk EnvironmentThe most recent fraud research shows that 1 in 3 organizations are targeted for fraud. Fraudsters do not just target large, Fortune 500 companies: quite the opposite, in fact. According to the Association of Certified Fraud Examiner's (ACFE) 2012 Report to the Nations,
Small businesses are particularly vulnerable to fraud.These organizations typically have fewer and less-effective anti-fraud controls in place. And due to their size and limited resources, the losses experienced by small businesses tend to have a greater impact than they would in larger organizations. ACFE's data suggests that small organizations were victimized by fraud more frequently than larger organizations and they suffered a disproportionate median loss of $147,000.
The types of fraudulent schemes most prevalent in small businesses also differ from their larger counterparts. Billing schemes were the most common fraud committed in smaller organizations, according to the ACFE's Report to the Nations. In addition, check tampering was three times as common, and payroll and skimming schemes were noted almost twice as often in smaller organizations than in their larger counterparts.
What is Fraud?
According to Dictionary.com (Random House Dictionary), Fraud is defined as:
deceit, trickery, sharp practice, or breach of confidence, perpetrated for profit or to gain some unfair or dishonest advantage.
The term fraud has come to encompass many forms of misconduct, including health care fraud, manipulated financial statements, and kickbacks, with new schemes emerging constantly.
Who is the typical fraudster?
Research indicates that the typical corporate fraudster is: Male, well-liked and respected, greedy, has pressing financial need e.g. has a gambling or drug problem, college educated, close relationship with suppliers, and hardworking. Other research indicates that women over age 45 are most likely to commit inter-office fraud and embezzlement in hospitals (HFMA, 2007).
Who can commit fraud in a business setting?
Fraud can be committed by a number of different entities: an individual within the Client’s organization; an individual within the vendor’s organization, or by the supplier itself. The ACFE reports that the vast majority (77%) of all frauds in their study were committed by individuals working in one of six departments: accounting, operations, sales, executive/upper management, customer service and purchasing.
How can fraud be committed by someone in our Client’s organization?
There are many different methods that can be used to siphon money within an Accounts Payable department: a clerk or purchasing agent can use a personal social security number as a “Vendor Number” and submit invoices to be paid; the employee can alter a returned check to be payable to himself; business checks can be stolen and written out to someone posing as a vendor (in which case, there would be no Purchase Order to back up that transaction).
Expand All | Collapse All
We Have Solutions for Any Size BusinessWhether you are a Fortune 500 company, or a small privately held start-up with just a handful of employees, Global EDGE has the solutions to assist your business. In fact, according to the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners, small businesses with less than 100 employees are most at risk for fraud and payment issues. Contact Global EDGE and see what we can do to assist your company, and protect your bottom line.
Is Global EDGE Right for Me?Global EDGE has architected its risk management tools in a way that allows for deployment in virtually any environment. In fact, many of our products are subscription based and do not require multi-year contracts. Our goal, to provide Risk Mitigation, Cost Containment, and Revenue Recovery, can be achieved with very little out-of-pocket cost, and the level of assurance it delivers is immediate.
What Solutions Are Available to a Small Business?
- Global EDGE Platform: Global EDGE has built a one of a kind platform that spans the procure-to-pay process. Our platform links seemingly unrelated data into a single Risk Management Solution for our Clients. Now you have the ability to identify risk; stop fraud, waste and abuse; and, recover lost dollars that were misappropriated throughout the accounts payable process, all through a highly secure web-based platform.
- Supplier Authentication: Global EDGE provides organizations with a risk mitigation platform that is resourceful and thorough in screening and managing compliance of new and existing vendors.
- eBusiness Solutions: With Global EDGE, you can improve Accounts Payable efficiency with ePay, and streamline vendor communication with eBroadcast and eNotice, saving your organization time and money.
- Card Management Solutions: EncompasTM focuses on Travel Cards, Purchase Cards, and Fleet Cards. The platform hosts a series of customizable scorecards that are used to monitor and track cardholder usage. This powerful tool will give extensive insight into usage patterns, policy violations, and exceptions to cardholder permissions.
Can I Afford the Global EDGE Solution?
- No hardware or software purchase required
- Most enhancements to our platform are free (with limited exception), pushed out to clients with a release notice
- Minimal monthly fees (due to self-service model)
- No need for long term contracts
- Can be accessed from anywhere, using an Internet connection
- Easy-to-use with low learning curve
- Optional full-service support
- Best practice implementations
- Highly scalable as your business grows
How Do I Implement the Global EDGE Solution?
Step OneContact Us for a Demonstration: We would be happy to review the Global EDGE Suite and Platform with you and the leaders of your organization.
Step TwoSubscribe to the Products You Need: Pick the products you think will most benefit your business and work with Global EDGE to activate the service. Global EDGE was designed with ease in mind. The solution operates on a hosted platform: eliminating the need to install hardware and software, and providing client organizations with the benefit of leveraging new features and enhancements immediately.
Step ThreeWork Directly with our Team of Experts: Upon partnering with Global EDGE, you are assigned a dedicated Relationship Manager and IT Support Representative. These individuals will guide you through the process from start to finish:
- Ensuring successful implementation of chosen products and services;
- Preparing your Vendor Master File for our Global EDGE Platform;
- Working through questions, updates and issues as they arise to produce maximum benefits;
- Identifying opportunities and sharing best practices; and
- Fostering an effective business feedback relationship.